Christmas Decoration

Finally, as we get close to Christmas 2012, the Christmas decoration at our house is finished. This year, the two main areas to look at are the entrance and one of our fireplaces.

Christmas Decoration Entrance
Christmas Decoration Fireplace
In the entrance I have put lot´s of wood themed things onto a paravent. I tried to be as vintage as possible there and drove my husband crazy by buying a vintage pair of skis and a sleigh.

Christmas Decoration Entrance Detail
Christmas Decoration Entrance Detail
Christmas Decoration Entrance Detail
As a backdrop of the entrance I used my favorite stockings that I collected from this years vacations. They are mainly Anthropologie from London and the US.

Christmas Decoration Stockings
On the fireplace I have used two ideas. First I recycled the big XMAS letters from last year but this time I covered them with knitwear in order to make the look more vintage. At the bottom of the letters I placed lot´s of deers and bambies that I have collected over the last month. My husband was relieved when I told him that the giant wooden rim is not replacing a chandelier this year but placed in front of the fireplace.

Christmas Decoration Fireplace
Christmas Decoration Fireplace
For the first time I also gave our vintage cupboard in the kitchen a christmassy look by adding a little ribbon to the glas doors.

Christmas Decoration Kitchen Cupboard
Christmas Decoration Tea Pot
Christmas Decoration Etagere
Christmas Decoration Window
Christmas Decoration Wall
Share on Tumblr