Handmade Vintage Journal

When my collegue and close friend Julia told me, that she quit her job and leaving the office soon, I was so horrified at first, after a few days it was clear, that I would need an appropriate goodbye gift for her. In other words: something handmade with a vintage look.

Vintage Journal
As we have worked together for quite some years and had visited several places together allover that period, I knew that I had to prepare a nice photo album. I chose old pictures and got them developed with an off-white little color damaged frame around. The idea was to shape them with a special "Buettenpapier" cutter, that they would look like really old pictures. Thanks to Amazon, the cutter was delivered 2 days later already and I could start cutting the frames of the pictures.

Vintage Journal
The next step was to find a nice, old book that already had yellowed pages. It was much fun to glue in the pictures with japanese masking tape and other items, like used underground tickets, old receipts, business cards etc...

Vintage Journal
It took some time to create the cover. At the end I found nice check fabric and fixed some small buttons on top. I punched out a label tag and stamped the title on top: Journal and Memory.
The journal turned out so nice, that I was really sad to have to give it away! but I promised myself, that I wanna do that again soon. It was so much fun, to put all this items together. I hope, that you can see the outcome of the journal on the pictures as nice, as it really turned out?!

Vintage Journal
Vintage Journal

Share on Tumblr