Farewell to Summer ?

The end of the school holidays have snuck on me yet again. I cannot help myself but thinking, that this is maybe also the end of the summer?! No more barefeet walking in flipflops, no more dresses wearing without tights below? To hold back the transition into fall a little bit, I planned a backyard barbecue with some summer decorations, for an unforgettable summer party. Besides the cheese-filled burgers and homemade sesame buns, I made the all-time favorite carrot cake. The highlight for me was the baked cookie bunting, which turned out really cute. I pulled some thread through the holes and fixed it between some wood slats. Just to be sure to give the summer the fond farewell it deserves for maybe the last outdoor BBQ...

Carrot Cake with Cookie Bunting
Share on Tumblr