The Knitted Lampshade

After 1 week holiday around England's coast staying at Lyme Regis, the Duesseldorf airport welcomes us with heavy rain! This is really what makes you feel bad. And since I had my most beloved Cream Tea every day, I felt that I can't do any baking today. Too many calories to count for...that's why it was clear that I need to start a craft project. With the help of my friendly hot glue gun and an old sweater out of the winter cupboard I got started: A new dress for the lampshade.

The Knitted Lampshade
Well, well, I finished it and want to share the result with you. But with only the grey sweater, I felt that it needed something else, that's why I added the crochet and the pompom border at bottom and top. But still it looked kind of none finished, that's why I added a rich pompom in the middle and attached a heart out of buttons in matching colors. Now that's what I call a pretty enriched lampshade after all, right?

IMG_4431.jpg
And the heart of buttons turned out so nice, that I am thinking about doing some X-Mas ornaments with this technique. Could be in red color then? Or green maybe? We will see!

IMG_4425.jpg
Share on Tumblr